Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A little fun organizing with some new goodies

The other day I did a little re-aranging in my scraproom since I got a couple new organizing items. I'm always in the mood to organize in my scrap space, but I'm looking for function and cuteness which isn't always easy to do.



I had seen this cute organizer/ spinning divider system on Pinterest several nights ago. I quickly figured out where I can get my hands on one and I couldn't believe it, this cute organizer is for organizing bolts, nuts, etc… You can find them at Harbor Freight for only $19.99 and it comes in black, but I quickly primed and spray painted mine to match in my scraproom. What a difference a little paint made for cuteness!!! :)



Here is what it looks like before the primer, paint, and adding some cute goodies. P.S. Set a side some time to make this because I was very surprised how long it took and how many nuts and bolts it had to put it together. However, in the end it's way worth it! :)



I also recently started a Project Life Scrapbook and decided to gather all my little tags in one place so I can quickly go through them and see what I might like to use. This little metal tin from the dollar section at Target was the perfect thing to use to organize my tags and have them all in one place and right at my finger tips.

These are the items that I tend to use a lot, so I keep them right on my desk so they are always in reach.



When I'm scrapbooking I do notice that if I can see lot's of my scrap goodies, I definitely will use them more. So, I'm always looking for fun and cute ways to store those embellishment goodies out in the open, but still look cute and organized in my craft space.



I removed all my misc. buttons from a large glass jar and poured them into this long basket. By doing this I have already used my buttons so much more because it's much easier to go through and see what I have.
The basket on the (right) holds all my mini books, yap all of them I haven't made very many. I love how cute mini books are, but I never know what to do with them once I'm finished. I figured this was a cute way to gather them up, keep them organized, and show them off.

I hope this gives you some ideas for organizing in your craft space,
tammy i

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute! Love it Dr. Jones!

Anonymous said...

I would like to ask about spray painting the Harbor Freight revolving storage thing. What kind of paint did you use and did you paint it before or after you assembled it? Is it holding up well?
Thanks so much.

nancy said...

is the paint job holding up well?? you have the greatest ideas!!!!